Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Canada’s Tara Mullins wins silver at Pan American squash championships

AMBATO, Ecuador- Tara Mullins of Toronto won the silver medal on Tuesday in women’s individual play at the Pan American squash championships.

Mullins lost the championship final to top-seed and world number-16 Samantha Teran of Mexico in straight games (3-0). It is the first international medal for the 32-year-old Mullins, a bronze medallist at the last two Canadian championships.

‘’I’m really happy to get the silver medal,’’ said Mullins, currently ranked 70th in the world. ‘’I was pleased with my performance tonight even though I didn’t execute my game plan exactly the way I wanted. Samantha is a very tough player and she was hitting the ball really well kept the pressure on.’’

The team competition gets underway on Wednesday. The Canadian men, seeded fourth, open with matches against Bermuda and Venezuela. The women’s team competition starts Thursday. The Canadian women are also seeded fourth

No comments:

Post a Comment